The human body is designed to facilitate waste elimination. Overloading the body with toxins generated from unhealthy practices like stress, unhealthy diet, and lack of exercising all add up and prevent the body from functioning properly. The body eliminates waste materials through the digestive, circulatory, and lymphatic systems.
Yoga and Ayurveda play a vital role in helping the body eliminate waste. Practicing yoga regularly assists in discharging impurities like lactic acid, excess carbon dioxide, and lymphatic fluid.
A detox does not mean living on a rigorous diet, only drinking juices, and consuming nauseating herb mixtures. There are other effective ways to support the body to cleanse. This involves performing yoga and eating an easy to digest diet to feel more cleansed on the inside and livelier on the outside.
Benefits of Detox Yoga
Yoga is one of the coolest and best ways to engage with the detoxification of your body. Detox is not only about sipping on juices while eating very less. It is more about practicing effective yoga poses that assist your digestive, lymphatic, and circulatory systems.
Keeping aside the physical benefits of yoga, there are innumerable mental health benefits of performing yoga. These will aid you in eliminating body waste and soothes your mind, releasing emotional, physical, and mental toxicity.
Here are some of the benefits of accepting yoga into your everyday routine and practicing it diligently:
- You will have more energy and increased passion for life
- An amazing improvement in your sleep cycle
- Your hormones will be in balance
- It will improve your digestion
- It helps you to maintain your body weight
- Gives you smooth skin and glossy hair
Detox Yoga Poses
Here are some of the ways how performing yoga can help you to detox your body effectively:
- Twists – Twisting yoga poses enable the squeezing of the organs. This helps in the regulation and circulation of blood through the stomach, gallbladder, liver, spleen, and the intestine.
- Backbends – This yoga practice strengthens your back. It will create some pressure in the abdominal region which encourages waste elimination and digestion.
- Forward Bends – These bending yoga poses will compress the stomach and stimulate waste removal as well as digestion. The standing forward bend posture reverses the pull of gravity, circulating fresh blood to your head by filtering the lymph nodes.
- Inversions – Inversions are known to soothe the nervous system. Practicing inversions are responsible for draining lymph fluids and recirculating them throughout the body, starting right from the legs. This enables the immune system to function at its best. Performing inverting yoga poses also stimulates the thyroid gland and boosts metabolism.
Adopt to these following yoga poses that are good for detoxing the body:
Wide-Legged Forward Bend
This pose is great for relaxing tight hamstrings and allows the head to fall below the heart. It is one such pose that reverses the gravitational effect on the body encouraging blood circulation. The folding posture squeezes the belly and assists in digestion as well.
This pose focuses on the strengthening of legs. It is a deep twist that accelerates proper digestion. The pressure applied to the spleen, liver, and kidneys tones the abdominal walls and also facilitate toxin removal.
Three-Legged Downward-Facing Dog
The pose requires you to hold your head below the heart with the leg lifted in the air. It stimulates blood circulation and the movement of the fluid to the lymph nodes. This pose is very relaxing and detoxifying both for the body and the mind.
The pose is one of the finest to strengthen your back and open up the chest at the same time. It encourages blood circulation, digestion, and also releases toxins.
It stretches and strengthens your back muscles. Practicing this pose helps to improve posture and increases your metabolism.
Performing this pose helps you to stretch the hips, thighs, shoulder, and upper back of your body along with the calves and the ankles. The pose is an amazing one for proper blood circulation.
Seated Twist Pose
This particular yoga pose only focuses on detoxification of the body, stimulating the removal of impurities from the body, subsequently improving digestion.
Shoulder Stand Pose
This inverted pose helps in the circulation of lymph fluid from the legs to the upper body parts. The pose is very resourceful at the end of any yoga practice session as all the toxins are pushed towards the heart to be cleansed and oxygenated.