- 4 eggs
- 4-6 stalks asparagus (ends removed)
- ⅓ to ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese, plus extra for garnish
- ⅔ cup half and half (substitute with heavy cream or cashew heavy cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
- Start with the crust by mixing the flour and salt with a fork. In a separate bowl, beat the oil and water with a whisk. Pour into flour and mix gently with a fork, just until mixed.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts and press each flat on a solid surface. Be sure to press it super thin so that it comes out flaky and magical.
- Press doughy discs into 4 mini tart pans and season each with a little freshly ground black pepper. Alternatively, for one big quiche, press the dough into a 9-10” pie pan.
- For the filling, trim the asparagus and blanch in a thin layer of boiling water for about a minute or so, just long enough to turn the stalks bright green and tender. Plunge them immediately into an ice bath or rinse with VERY cold water to stop the cooking process. Slice the spears into thin diagonal cuts.
- Beat the eggs until yolks and whites combined and add half and half, salt, and pepper.
- Top the crust with minced garlic, veggies, and feta and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Crumble with a little feta on top and serve.